That's right ... I'm engaged!!!
I haven't put too much (or any really) of my dating life on my blog.
I'm a pretty private person and just never thought/wanted to share that part of my life.
But I am officially engaged to the sweetest, most-kind, hardworking, easy-going person I know!
The Story:
Scotty and I were in San Francisco with his family over the Thanksgiving holiday. To say that he loves that city would be an understatement. So he was happy to be in San Fran showing me around ...or at least that's what I have been telling myself. I was happy to be there. I've heard it is the Seattle of California. All you had to say was Seattle and I am sold. I didn't really think Scotty would be proposing while in San Francisco. I knew he would be getting the ring soon (we were having it made) but didn't know when. I told him not to tell me if and when he picked it up.
On Wednesday me, Scotty and his two cute sisters that are in high school went to Alcatraz in the morning. No he did not propose at Alcatraz ... though I did tell someone he proposed in a cell. Haha. After we were done, we met up with their parents for lunch at Boudins for their famous sourdough bread bowls. Yummy!
After lunch we all split up. His dad had some business to take care of and his sisters wanted to go shopping. Scotty said he thought it would be fun to head over to the golden gate bridge. It was at this time I started getting suspicious. Everyone seemed to know the plan except me, and nothing had been discussed previously. Scotty and I found a taxi to take over to the bridge. When we got there we started walking toward the entrance and he was like "let's go this way." I knew right then it was going to happen! We went on a path that goes underneath the bridge and leads to some beaches down below. We didn't go too far on the trail. I didn't really have my hiking boots on. There was a landing just down from the path. We walked down to the landing. We stood there for a bit looking at the bridge and the scenery. Some mushy things were said ... And then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes! It was simple. There was nobody around. In my book ... it was perfect.
As they say, the rest is history. We caught a taxi back to meet up with the fam and celebrate. And by celebrate I mean we went shopping. No joke. I mean is there a better way to celebrate?!? ... oh and we went to dinner too.
Wasn't the view amazing?!?
The ring. I love it so much!
Sorry my hands are wrinkly, they were cold.
Sorry my hands are wrinkly, they were cold.
P.S. We're still working on a date. I'll keep you all posted.
Apparently we're not the typical mormon couple.
15 comments:
So much more romantic than the duck pond in Rexburg! Ha!! Congrats again! I'm so excited for you guys!! And I LOVE the ring! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!!
Yay! Congrats!
what a sweet engagement story! congrats lisa.
YAY! I am thrilled for you. Congrats.
So happy for you Lisa!
p.s. I adore you.
yay yay yay!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you, thank you for the close up of the ring and all the details. You look so happy. I am sooo happy for you!
I've been waiting for the blog scoop! Excited for you girl! You two are one sexy couple!
congratulations, Lisa! sooo happy for you!
love the photos! You'll be so happy you have them!
And that ring! just stunning and so you!
Congratulations!!
Congrats! Love the pics! you guys make such a cute couple!
Congratulations Lisa!! Your ring is beautiful!
can't wait for the big day! :)
YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I love the ring and I am SO happy for you guys! Please let me know when you have the date -- I want to make sure I can be there:)
Congratulations again!! I am so happy for you, La la la LISA!
get yo hands up! oh! oh! oh! oh! oh! oh!
soooooo excited! and don't worry gillian and i will have to pass this time on being your bridesmaids. we don't want to take all the attention away from your new inlaws and stephanie :)
love you so!!!!
congratulations lisa!! so exciting!
Post a Comment