Saturday, December 3

The First Date

This is not from our first date ... but what is a post without a picture?

Since I never really made a proper introduction, I'd thought I'd indulge you in the story of our first day.

Warning: It's nothing exciting so don't give your hopes up.

Remember our first interaction? Well it took one month for Scotty to gather enough courage to ask me out. I kid. I kid. ... kinda. And another month after that to actually go on our first date.

Scotty called me up one night last November and being the ward executive secretary I didn't really think much of it ... until he didn't bring church stuff up within the first minute.

Then I knew exactly why he had called. I mean this girl ain't stupid.

We talked for like 15 minutes and he FINALLY asked me. I said yes. He had invited me to a Utah Jazz game. I'm always up for a sporting event and Scotty seemed like a nice guy so I knew I'd at least have a semi-enjoyable time.

Fast forward to the next week. My girl Lia invited me to go to New York City for a VERY quick and cheap trip. By quick I mean we were only in the city for 48 hours. I had always wanted to go to NYC. I couldn't turn down this opportunity, especially with her as my tour guide. I ended up cancelling the date with Scotty via text. My bad. ... oh and if you wanted to know (I did) he still took a date. Just not me.

So a month goes by. No date. No contact. Scotty didn't even say Hi to me at church. Rude, I know. So I just figured he didn't really want to take me out and didn't give it much more thought. His loss.

Enter Christmas break. Scotty ... out of the blue ... starts texting me. He would text me like every other day to say hi and whatnot. I thought it was kinda random but was enjoying the attention.

When I got back from Christmas I was invited through work to attend a Jazz game in the All-Star Suite.

January 3rd to be exact. Exactly 11 months ago from today.

We could bring a guest. One of my co-workers (whom will remain anonymous) really wanted to bring this boy and I did not want to be the third-wheel for the 4,853rd time in my life ... so I was like, What the heck?

I knew Scotty liked the Jazz (little did I know how obsessed he is with the Jazz) so I knew at least he'd say yes if he wasn't busy.

So we went and had a good time. Nothing too spectacular or crazy happened. I can't even remember if the Jazz won that night. And I didn't really think anything of the date because I wasn't really interested at the time. I just thought he was nice and a fun guy. Just thought I'd chalk up another on my list of first dates. Turns out it would be my last first date.Who would've thought?!?

There you have it. Our first date story. Maybe one of these days I'll be brave enough to share our first kiss story. The premise behind it is pretty funny.

6 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

WHAT! You've already kissed?! I thought you were saving that for your wedding day!!

Unknown said...

First kiss?? You're getting brave in blogland! I remember when you called and said jazz game or nyc?! (No brainer!)

Gillian Michelle said...

thanks for leaving said co-worker "anonymous". haha! i'm taking mucho mucho of the credit for said first date between you and scotty...i'm just sayin' :)

Fackrell Fam said...

Common Lisa...you can't tease us about the kiss story---DO IT! Now that you are a part of the family, we have to know this kind of stuff!!! :)

Adrienne & Scott said...

If you tell us the story of your first kiss I'm sure Barbara Walters will call you on the phone and interview you for being so fascinating! Hahaha!! Such a funny dream!

Misses Barlow said...

lol... glad he was understanding of our NYC trip... I'm sure you totally redeemed yourself with the Jazz game! And you know we all want to know DETAILS of the first kiss!