I should have not been surprised when Scotty told me he got me Taylor Swift tickets for my birthday. She is, after all, his other girlfriend.
To Scotty's chagrin (I'm guessing) I relentlessly refer to T Swift as his girlfriend. Why? Let me tell you a little story ... it goes back all the way to our first interaction with each other.
Scotty was our ward executive secretary (In other words, he set up meetings for church members to meet with the bishop). I had made an appointment sometime in October as I was planning on going through the temple in November.
The bishop was running late and I was the only other person waiting. If anyone knows Scotty, he can start up a conversation with anyone. He told me he was going to run a half marathon in a few weeks (Sometime you should ask him how it went). Obviously my ears perked up because of my love for running.
He told me he needed to make a playlist. So we started talking about music. Taylor Swift came up and he mentioned how good looking he thought she was. I believe the word gorgeous was used. So I asked him who he thought was prettier, Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood. He said T Swift.
Say whaaaaaa???? I WAS FLOORED!!! I mean I'm a major Taylor fan and all. But he was talking to a girl who wishes she could be Carrie Underwood. #teamcarrie
I kept teasing him about this infatuation with Miss Swift until I the bishop called me in. I think I even said something to him about it as I was leaving.
When I got home that night I turned on the TV and there was an E! True Hollywood Story on about her. I just had to laugh and immediately texted Scotty the following ... In case you were wondering, your girlfriend is on TV.
See? I shouldn't have been so surprised.
He just wanted to have an excuse to go to the concert to see his other girlfriend. I told him I was fine with it as long as he told me I was prettier than her ... oh and that I could get a new outfit. I mean I got me some major competition on my hands. Regardless I was way excited to go!
I will hand it to Miss Swift. She sure knows how to put on a concert. Seriously nothing was overlooked from the dancers, to several costume changes, to fireworks, to going out over the crowd in a balcony.
Not only do I love her music ... it was an amazing concert. Probably the best I've been to.
Did I mention how awesome our seats were?
Don't mind my ginormous hand and gum in my mouth.
Best birthday present ever!
Even if I am second in line.
5 comments:
Pretty sure you aren't second :) :)
Way to score big Scotty! And Scotty must have had a wardrobe change too because their's no drool marks on the shirt in the picture of him! Glad you had a good time watching his other girlfriend!
You are so funny! I love it. :)
Second in line?! Ya right :) I'm sure you are still #1 for him :) Look like a blast! SO jealous!
ahh, i love taylor swift. i went to her concert before she really was that big. so it's incredible to see these images and see how big her concerts have become. she's gorgeous!!
xo TJ
Post a Comment