Friday, February 10

A Bridal Shower

Last Saturday was my bridal shower. My sisters and future in-laws threw me a wonderful one! It was perfect. I know how much time, effort and money go into a bridal shower ... I've thrown countless ... and I am very grateful for everything they did for it. The best part of the shower for me actually was before the shower started.

I had come early to help out with last-minute whatever needed to be done. Soon the doorbell rang. I knew my sister Lindsey was on her way with two of my nieces so I followed Andrea, who opened the door, and help Lindsey bring things/food in.

When I rounded the corner to the front door I heard my sister say I brought someone with me. I rounded the corner a little more and there was my mom!!! She flew down from Washington to come to my shower! I gasped (typical), gave her a huge hug and may have started tearing up. I mean I totally understood why she wouldn't be able come to my shower ... but it meant the world to me that she was there! I was completely surprised. I had no idea. That is huge cause my family can't keep secrets.

With my mom there, we started the shower. It was so nice seeing friends and family I had not seen in a while, and getting to know my future extended family a little more.

Here are pictures from the Shower. I didn't get pictures with some people and I'm sad about it.

The Johnson Girls. Missing Yaya and Savannah.

The yummy food.

Mama J. Love her!

My future mother in law and her sister.

Me and Gillian. Our trio was down to two. #missesbarlow

Games.

Most of my flower girls.

 Ashley skyped in from Connecticut
... and I had plenty of "help" opening the gifts.
 Me and Stephie.

 Janel, Me and Ashley. So good to see them!

My cousin, aunt, mom and Lindsey

The cutest and yummy favors. Love cake balls.

Thanks everyone for a fun afternoon!


6 comments:

Misses Barlow said...

I'm sorry I'm missed the shower, but I'm pretty sure you would have been embarrassed if I gave you your gift in front of your mom :) I cannot wait!!!!

ashley.warner said...

looked like such a fun shower! :)
i saw you and your fiance at stake conference on sunday, but you exited so fast i couldn't come say hi!

hope all is well! :)

xo ashley
www.ashley-warner.blogspot.com 

Katelyn said...

Everything looked beautiful! So FUN to have your mom surprise you! That is the best!

Ashley said...

Bless Skype. Glad the shower was so great!

Emily Kate said...

So cool that your mom would come! The shower looked great. Wish I could have been there. :)

Stephanie and Such said...

*Mom KILLS me.

*Is Alli wearing two flowers in her hair in flower girl pic?

*I am whiter than day (opposite of blacker than night, haha)

*Way to rock the blue skinny's Lisa, woohh!

*Such a fun day. Glad it was ACTUALLY kept a surprise because it was almost ruined five million times.