Tuesday, January 31

Blessed

This whole wedding thing might be the death of me. Sometimes I feel as though I am on the verge of a "I don't think I can do all this" meltdown. There really is just not enough time in the day. Especially working full time and having my mom live five hundred miles away (Thank goodness for family phone plans and modern technology). There have been times where I've thought ... we should just elope. It's stressful, ya know?

 That being said I really feel blessed lately. It makes all the stresses seem not so stressful. On Friday afternoon I was in my car and I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude. I felt so grateful for my heavenly father's interest in and willingness to bless my life. I feel so fortunate. So loved. So cared for. Obviously by Scotty, but by so many other people too.

I guess I never realized how many people cared and were genuinely interested in my well-being and happiness until now. My parent's and Scotty's parents have been more than generous and loving. I wish I could express how much gratitude and appreciation I have in my heart right now. All the small (and big) things have meant so much to me. That's all.


3 comments:

The Johnson's said...

All we can say is we love you Lisa! So happy for you and Scotty! Love ya! Mom and Dad

Nobody said...

Girl!! I feel your pain! That is why I said in my "love story" that a planner is so worth it. I was stressed to the last minute!! Just remember to breathe... and the most important thing about that day is the contract you sign btwn you, him, and God. Everything in the world can go wrong and it simply won't matter. :) I promise.

Lindsey Simon said...

We love you Lisa and are SO happy for you!! Its good to know that family is there for you in good times and in bad :)