Thursday, May 23

On Doing It All


It's funny how sometimes in your life you feel completely on top of it. Like OK I Got This, and you are ready to face the world head on. Then other times you feel like are drowning in everything.

I have felt like it has been the latter for me recently.

I have found myself looking at other people's lives wondering, What am I doing wrong in life? 

What are they doing right to have all this time? 

Time to exercise? Get all this time off work? Time to grocery shop? Time to do laundry? Time to clean the house? Time to really fulfill their callings? How do they do it all?

To be honest. I feel like I am rushing from one thing to another ... Every Day ... All Day.

There are different demands and obligations that are pulling me in every direction. And the people pleaser in me tries to do it all. I'm starting to realize that I can't do it all and that, as much as I'd like to, I can't please everyone.

I love that Scotty is so willing to help (and does!!). That we can be a team in this thing called life. It is just a part of this stage of life that I did not think would be hard. I always thought I would be less busy once I got married and didn't have to fit in a social life/dating.

But we both have demanding full-time jobs, callings at church, house responsibilities, etc., etc. We are trying to make a good life for our future and our own little family, albeit just me and him right now.

All I am saying is that it is hard sometimes. It's hard fitting in all your errands, exercise, church responsibilities, housekeeping all within the span of five hours in the evenings (not including making and eating dinner somewhere in there).

It makes it even harder comparing yourself with the proverbial Jones'. When I am rushing around from one thing to the next, it is hard not to think, What am I doing wrong?

I know I should not be doing this, comparing, and I know there really isn't a simple answer either.

I'm a little slow in life sometimes, so hopefully one of these days I will figure it all out. Until then I will just keep trying and doing my best and hopefully everything in life can be satisfied with that.

Phew. Time for a vacation. Vegas anyone?

2 comments:

The love bergs said...

I feel like I'm sort of in the same boat right now. Just wait till you have kids, then you'll get really overwhelmed with constant demands (at least I do!). It's hard not to compare your life with others, especially when all you see is the good stuff via the internet, etc. But just remember almost everyone's in the same boat, trying to make it look like they have everything under control when in actuality they don't. Life is a constant balancing act that I'm still trying to figure out!

DaNae said...

I feel you girl! Life is hard and crazy sometimes. Just when I think I have it down, something new comes my way. I guess that's just how it's supposed to be so we don't get lazy. Keep it up YO! And take a vacay, sounds like you are workin' too hard.