It's that time of year.
No I'm not going to start talking about how swimsuit season is fast approaching ... I am not even ready to tackle that subject.
I'm talking about how in February and March I always just feel frumpy. Maybe it's just me. I'm tired of my wardrobe. Sick of wearing coats and socks (I hate socks. They're so constricting). I just don't feel cute during this time of year.
So I went shopping last weekend.
I don't care what they say ... retail therapy is real!
Thanks mom for teaching me that.
Got some much needed skirts. Can I ask a question why skirts right now fall into the almost long enough category? They are always an inch or two too short. Conspiracy perhaps?
Annnnnyway ... back to my point.
Nordstrom's Triple Points starts today. This is not good for the ol' bank account when the closet desperately needs updating. With my sister here now, though, I can pretend I am a high-roller in the Nordstrom world. Why? I pretty much have my own personal shopper. She tells me when they get cute clothes in and I go buy them. It's a pretty good system we have.
So you know where to find me this evening. If I am not out by closing please send someone in to find me. My bank account might need some resuscitating.
Speaking of frumpy. I am getting my hair did this weekend. Saturday can't come soon enough. Can we say split ends? And my mullet is coming back in full force. (The hair on the back side of my head grows faster than the front side. Weird. I know. I call it my mullet. Business in the front, party in the back, right?)
Thinking of going blonde. Like B-L-O-N-D-E. I am tired of the blah blonde I have going on. Thoughts? And I hear short hair is back in. I knew if I waited long enough (i.e. my hair just doesn't grow) I would be back "in." And it's gonna be short still now that I have to get this dang mullet under control.
So here's to Triple Points and Blond(er) hair.
Maybe by the end of March I won't feel as frumpy.
At the very least I'll be sans roots. Yikes.

3 comments:
Lisa, Thank you for the comment! I love that color of pink on you, I think it would look EVEN better if you were extra blonde! You Johnson girls can definitely pull that off!
I tried blonde once... yikes.
I love your blog and have visited a time or two (or twelve), and am now your newest follower!
Gotta run! off to Nordys!!
Sabrina Says
Girl, you are the furthest thing from frumpy! Go blonde baby!
Lady you are so cute! Far from frumpy :)
I love those pants... Very Audrey Hepburn chic!
Post a Comment