Tuesday, November 8

becoming more

I've been thinking a lot about life lately. Mainly how blessed I am. My heart is full of gratitude for what I have been given, the people I am blessed to have in my life, opportunities that have come my way and even the challenges that have forced me to grow. We live in a world where nothing is ever good enough. There is always something more. Something better. What is wrong with being content with what you have? I say nothing. I've been told, after all, a grateful heart is the greatness.

With that said, I have been reminded of what I need and want to become. I am nowhere where I want to be! This girl needs to get her tush into gear.

I was recently reminded of the analogy from the Lion King. #justgowithme
Mufasa's ghost comes back and tells the grown up Simba ...You are more than what you have become.

I've been thinking of that phrase the past week. You are more than what you have become. I can't get it out of my mind. I need to be better than I am now, especially with what I have been blessed with, which is a lot.

{found via}

Those are my thoughts. 
Here's to being grateful and becoming more.

4 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Such a great post! One of my favorite quotes is Plato: "I cannot advise that we remain as we are" meaning that we are constantly growing and improving upon ourselves. I think you have the right attitude and with that you will continue to become the best you can be!

his little lady said...

what a great quote girl! thanks for sharing! we all need to remember to be grateful for all the wonderful things. and like the scriptures say, we must even be grateful for the bad things in our life as well. everything can be seen as a life lesson! adore!
xo TJ

from head 2 toe said...

Oh that is going up in my house! Thanks for sharing! :)

DaNae said...

what a great reminder. Christmas time, we must see eachother.