Friday, May 25

i can do hard things

Lately I have felt a little frustrated. Life's hard sometimes, ya know? I feel like I run into the SAME brick walls over and over again in some aspects of my life. And I don't feel good enough in some other areas.

I am really hard on myself. I know that. I always have been. I try not to be. I am sometimes hard on those I love. I wish I wasn't. I guess I just see the potential in life! I see goals, where I want to be and what I want to happen. And I want it NOW. I know. I know. Patience Lisa.

Ironically now that I am feeling almost back to normal, health-wise, things have finally caught up to me. Apparently I was in survival mode before and didn't deal with it mentally and emotionally.

I haven't started running yet. Well I tried but failed miserably. Bills have come in. If you know me, you know money stresses me out more than anything. And the side effects of medicine the doctors put me on is starting to take its toll. Something I knew was coming (and in the grand-scheme of things is minimal), but something I've been dreading.

This saying has been going through my head for the past couple of days...
I have heard this quote before many times in various contexts. It is even my sister-in-law's 2012 Family Motto. Good motto, huh? Maybe I need to be a Fackrell :).

I can do hard things. I can do it! When I get to only a quarter of a mile and feel like I am going to keel over dead ... I need to tell myself that. When I run into another bump in the road or brick wall ... I need to remember that. When I don't feel good enough for whatever it is ... I need to believe I am.

That's it. From now on, I can do hard things! Hold me to it.

3 comments:

Misses Barlow said...

Don't forget to give yourself some credit for the hard things you've already conquered. You are an AMAZING girl! Things always workout... love and optimism babe! Miss you my friend!

Unknown said...

Now I feel like an IDIOT for texting you earlier. If you know what I mean. haha.

You've come so far! Always celebrate the little accomplishments :)

You're the best. Love you!

ashley.warner said...

keep up the good work lady - sometimes life is hard for a reason at certain times - but you're a tough lady and can do anything!

you go girl!

-ashley