Before Scott and I got engaged I had been planning a trip with Gillian to go visit Lia in New York City. The Big Apple baby! It was going to be the trip of all trips. Not really. But we sure were planning a fun time! It's always a fun time with us.
Remember this?
But ... when we got engaged life got beyond busy and I couldn't even think about the trip until after the wedding. So I held off. Then all of the post-wedding health drama happened ... the blood clots being the culminating factor ... And I decided that it would be best, both financially and physically, if I stay put.
I was so so sad to cancel on the trip!
Last week Scotty came home and told me that a business trip had been scheduled for an entire week to New York.The kicker? It was for this week, which means he would be there the EXACT same time I would have been there! Not to mention this is the longest we have been apart since we started dating.
Scotty went to dinner with the Barlows last night. I almost cried when he told me he was going to dinner with them. If I could've teleported myself there, I would have in a heartbeat.
So my husband and two home-girls, people whom I love so much, are off gallivanting in the Big Apple while I am here. This is where you can feel sorry for me. I guess this is what I get for canceling my first date with Scotty to go to New York. Karma? Perhaps.
OK. Pity party over.


3 comments:
nooo! you should have stowed away in his suitcase :(
boo on karma. i want you to come soooooo bad!!!!!
Hahah!!
Best post ever.
Come with us in the fall :)
Post a Comment