Friday, July 20

Home Sweet Home

Did I forget to mention we'll soon be homeowners? We are in the process of building a town home and I am beyond excited for it! I love moving into a new place and decorating. The best part is that it will be all ours! Well actually in 30 years it will be ours, but that's besides the point.


Hot off the press. I took this today.

In all honesty I feel extremely blessed to be able to buy a house right now! When we were looking for a home it was the first one we looked at. You could say it was love at first sight. We continued looking, but kept coming back to this particular neighborhood. It is perfect for us in our situation right now. And with the housing market how it is, we would've been stupid to pass up the opportunity.

It has been fun watching it go from literally a hole in the ground, to an actual structure with walls and rooms. I have loved watching it come together into what will soon be our home, where I can have all of my belongings under one roof again ... and have a dishwasher!

Here is some of the transformation through different stages...


Exterior.


Living room.

Kitchen.

Entryway.

Upstairs landing.


Probably my favorite thing was to actually choose the finishings (i.e. paint, carpet, flooring). It was a little nerve racking choosing an entire house off of samples (see below), but I have been so pleased with how it has turned out!




In front of our house.
Don't mind my fat face (or moon face as it's called) ... oh the joys of my medicine. 

7 comments:

Casey said...

Your new home looks beautiful! Congratulations, and good for you! We are also in the home buying process...hopefully a few weeks from closing escrow.

Unknown said...

That's so exciting! Congrats! What a fun process to see happen and then have that blank canvas to decorate! :)

Lindsey Simon said...

i am SO happy for you guys! Thats awesome. Someday I want to build a house- how fun to watch the work in progress and to choose your own things! By the way Lisa, you DO NOT look puffy in this pic!! Seriously, you look FAB!!

Emily Kate said...

So great! How exciting!

Katelyn said...

Amazing Lisa!! How wonderful to buy and build your first home! So exciting! Looking forward to seeing your special touch inside!

Angelique said...

How exciting! Love the colors you chose. But I have to disagree on you having a fat face...can't see that at all. You look really pretty!

Liz Ashby said...

How fun to have a place all your own! Congrats! Nice job on picking everything out. You have good taste!